Hola, mis amigos! I’ve been working on some fun projects in my spare time, and it’s been great. But since I don’t have much spare time, it’s also been really limiting. Thus, I’ve come up with some life hacks along the way.
Am I allowed to use “thus” and “life hacks” in the same sentence? Probably not, but it’s my internet corner and I’ll do what I want.
Here’s what I’ve figured out these past few months:
- A nice white lace dress works wonders. Just don’t wander too close to city hall, or people may think you’re about to get hitched.
- One good brownie recipe is all you need, and from there you can make s’mores brownies, rocky road brownies, and cheesecake brownies.
- Wearing heels after training legs is a terrible idea. Seems like common sense, yet I always find myself in heels post leg day. Why?!
- Taking an hour to do something you want to do each day will save your sanity.
- Red lipstick is the cure for so many things. So is chocolate. And a good leg day at the gym (totally my new obsession).
- Condensed milk is the simplest way to make caramel.
So, on that last point. I have a thing against store-bought caramel, but I also don’t have the time to whip up a batch myself. Also, I haven’t quite gotten the hang of making caramel yet. But I will. One day… Just not any time soon. My solution was to use the condensed milk that has lived in our pantry for the last five years; I named it Steve. It’s quite simple: drop the can in boiling water for about 3 hours. Let it cool, and then open it. If it’s not quite brown enough, put the caramel back in canning jars- I used tiny ones- and close the lids tightly. Return them to boiling water for another hour and check them again. Mine ended up taking about 5 hours to get to the point I wanted.